Before your first session, we talk on the phone so that I can understand your needs and goals. You can ask any questions you might have, and tell me anything you want me to know before your appointment.
At the beginning of each appointment, we assess together how to proceed. This conversation can be brief if what you need is clear. If you have a complex or confusing situation, figuring out what to attend to can be the most therapeutic part of the session.
Myofascial and craniosacral therapies, Somatic Experiencing, and Restorative Exercise are quite different from each other, but in practice they complement each other very well. We can choose or blend approaches as we go. Your verbal communication and your body’s responses guide us throughout.
COVID-19 concerns for in-person sessions:
- I am fully vaccinated and take COVID-19 at-home antigen rapid test every day that I come into the office.
- All clients must test negative for COVID-19 on the day of appointments regardless of vaccination status.
- At-home antigen rapid tests are available immediately before appointments at cost.
- During sessions, I wear an N-95/KN-95 or equivalent mask, and clients must do the same.
- AirQueen mask provided free of charge upon request. Of the many I have tried, they are the lightest and easiest to breath through.
- A powerful exhaust fan exchanges the air thoroughly between clients.
- During sessions, windows can be open.
- Two H13 HEPA filters run continuously at a level which, according to specs, exchange the air at least 12 times per hour. This matches CDC recommendations for infection control.
- All of the equipment in use is either cleaned between clients or used only with one client, including sheets, blankets, bolsters, and props.
- I’ve reviewed the latest information about bodywork and potential sequelae to work with you safely if you have recovered from COVID-19 yourself.
You can be confident that:
- I will do all that I can do to help you feel better.
- If self-care is your focus, I will teach and/or coach you.
- Your session is confidential.
- You can say no to anything I suggest or offer.
- Your questions are welcome. I will answer them honestly, transparently, and as clearly as I am able.
- You are free to share with me anything you want in any degree of detail you want about your history or experience, no matter what kind of work we are doing. You are also free not to say anything at all.
- You can ask for what you need to be comfortable.
You are welcome to call or email me with any questions you might have.