I’ve been thinking of all my clients and wondering how the big and sudden worldwide changes have impacted you, specifically and personally, in how you live and move and feel. In the scramble of adjusting, I’ve come to depend personally on some new-to-me resources. The real gems (in my not-so-humble opinion) are listed below for you in case they could be useful to you, too. I’m available for questions about my experiences using them. Some are on the Beth Baron at In Touch Therapies Facebook page with more extensive descriptions. An update on what I myself am offering is at the bottom.
NERVOUS SYSTEM / RESILIENCE
- Braintime, for sleep, stress management, focus and brain injury recovery. Listen 5 min 2x/day, first month free, then $29/mo. This program is helping me significantly with long-term previously intractable challenges with sleep, focus, shifting my attention when and where I need to, and possibly mood. I’ve listened daily for 2 months, and am – cautiously – wildly excited about the impact I think it’s had on my day-to-day life and its potential to help people with all sorts of challenges. Full disclosure: I get paid a bit when you do the free first month through my link. Happy to share what I’ve learned either way.
- Qigong to strengthen the lung 20 minute video, free. Simple, well-paced instructions that go to the heart of the practice, delivered in one of the most lovely speaking voices I’ve ever heard. Calming, then energizing. Here are his other videos.
- Stephen Porges: how to counter the effects of social distancing. 9 min free video. Staying separate to be safe is biologically confusing.
MOVEMENT RESOURCES – Restorative Exercise
All are my teachers, all are excellent and, I’m proud to say, responding to the COVID-19 crisis with generosity and ingenuity.
- Body Wisdom Studio live Zoom classes with Nancy Burns, first week free, some scholarships for unemployed. Invaluable 15-min Q&A before each class.
- Nutritious Movement Virtual Studio Membership, library of recorded classes, $9/month through June, Coupon code “BEWELL2020.” This single class is free till June.
- Alignment B.E.A.C.H. live Zoom classes, all (!?!?!) pay-what-you-can. All? Amazing.
FOOD NOT CROWDS
- Li’l Hill Backyard Community Supported Agriculture (CSA): If your East Bay backyard has space to grow food, Stoni and Irene of Li’l Hill can come farm it at your convenience. If you want produce and medicinal herbs carefully tended, affordable and more fresh and local than farmers’ markets, subscribe. Progressive income/wealth based sliding-scale price structure. This is an utterly brilliant new model of food supply in the face of climate crisis and COVID-19. Singing praises!
- Azure Standard: Monthly outdoor community-organized pickup. Huge organic selection, including garden starts. Some prices are low, some high. Their communication about how COVID-19 affects availability is clear and they’ve done a good job scaling up. Around since the 70’s, and seems to treat its workers well. If you go from my link, I get a credit. Happy to share that with you.
- Eat with the Seasons CSA: My new box till Li’l Hill gets going. Best quality of all the boxes I’ve tried. Prices comparable to farmers market. You can prepay for a box and/or order by demand. They have produce, pastured meat and eggs, pre-made food, and high-end pantry items. NewMember10 gets you $10 off the 4-week trial.