What To Expect
Before your first session, we talk on the phone. You can ask any questions you might have and tell me anything you want me to know.
At the beginning of each appointment, we assess together how to proceed. This conversation can be brief if what you need is clear. If you have a complex or confusing situation, figuring out what to attend to can be the most therapeutic part of the session.
Myofascial and craniosacral therapies, Somatic Experiencing, and Restorative Exercise are quite different from each other, but in practice they complement each other very well. We can choose or blend approaches as we go. Your verbal communication and your body’s responses guide us throughout.
You can be confident that:
- I will do all that I can do to help you feel better.
- If self-care is your focus, I will teach and/or coach you.
- Your session is confidential.
- Your questions are welcome. I will answer them honestly, transparently, and as clearly as I am able.
- You are free to share with me anything you want in any degree of detail you want about your history or experience, no matter what kind of work we are doing. You are also free not to say anything at all.
- You can ask for what you need to be comfortable.
- You can say no to anything I suggest or offer.
This work helps with:
- Deep, restorative rest
- Understanding and enjoying your body
- Healing trauma
- Chronic health conditions that can be partly stress mediated, such as
- Autoimmune disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Injuries, assaults, or accidents
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Overuse syndromes and repetitive strain injuries
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- TMJ dysfunction
- Sciatic pain and Piriformis Syndrome
- Diastasis Recti
- The ordinary challenges of having a body and living in the world.
Please feel free to call me with any questions you might have.